Green products are today’s carbon solution, from fuels to bioproducts replacing fossil fuels.
Cleaner air is possible with these sustainable, cost-effective and renewable solutions.
- Get the Gas Buddy App! Perfect for traveling or anytime you are on the road. Includes prices and directions to the station. (Unleaded 88 (E15) and E85)
- Alternative Fuels Data Center Station Locator (energy.gov) (Biodiesel and E85 stations)
- Fuel Finder | Get Biofuel (E15 and E85 stations)
- Refueling Stations (Biodiesel)
- Interactive Map (E15 and FlexFuel stations)
Mid-Atlantic Petroleum Distributors Association, Inc. (Bioheat)
Ellen Valentino, 410-349-0808
Sampling of Bioproducts:
- Batteries, Matches, Paint, Petroleum Alternatives, Shampoos & Conditioners
- Adhesives, Coatings, Fiber, Ingredients, Lubricants, Paper, Plastics, Rubber & Solvents
- Home, Pet, Vehicle, Maintenance & Janitorial Cleaning Products
- Cleaners, Paint Stripper, Oils, Lubricant, Concrete & Wood Sealer
- Asphalt Sealant
- Dust Suppressant
- Biodegradable Trash Bags, Plastic Cups, Plates, Silverware
Resources are available to help pursue low carbon goals using these green products:
- DOE Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED)
The 2021 Bipartisan Infrastructure Law allocated $1 billion to improve energy systems in rural or remote areas of the country with fewer than 10,000 people. In addition to rural areas, OCED also offers grants to fund multi-technology demonstration and pilot scale projects including clean hydrogen, carbon management, energy storage, and industrial decarbonization. A full list of opportunities is on the OCED eXCHANGE.
- DOT Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ)
The Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) program is a funding source for State and local governments to fund diverse transportation projects. Eligible projects include electric vehicles and charging stations, diesel engine replacements and retrofits, transit improvements, and more. Each State administers CMAQ funds differently. Contact your local Clean Cities Coordinator to discuss opportunities in your state.
- EPA Diesel Emissions Recovery Act (DERA) Grants This program offers national grants as well as state opportunities on a 2-year competition cycle. Funds are used to replace or improve heavy-duty off-road diesel equipment including marine engines, locomotives, trailer refrigeration units, terminal tractors, drayage trucks, off-road engines, and equipment or vehicles used in construction, handling of cargo, agriculture, mining, or energy production.
- EPA Environmental Justice Grants, Funding and Technical Assistance
Find multiple opportunities to partner with eligible applicants (local governments and non-profits) on grants that address local environmental and public health issues within an affected community. These programs (EJ Collaborative Problem-Solving Cooperative Agreement Program and EJ Small Grants Program) assist recipients in building collaborative partnerships to help them understand and address environmental and public health concerns in their communities.
- Higher Blends Infrastructure Incentive Program | Rural Development (usda.gov)
- The purpose of HBIIP is to increase significantly the sales and use of higher blends of ethanol and biodiesel by expanding infrastructure for renewable fuels derived from US Agricultural productions. Request for applications expected in summer 2023. Funding for tanks, dispensers and terminals.
- Small Business Administration (sba.gov)
Search US Small Business Administration for funding programs to find out what loans, capital investment programs and grants are available in Maryland.
- USDA Biorefinery, Renewable Chemical & Biobased Product Manufacturing Assistance
Work with your lender to develop a loan guarantee application for up to $250 million to assist in the development, construction, and retrofitting of new and emerging technologies including advanced biofuels, renewable chemicals and biobased products.
- USDA Business and Industry Loan Guarantee (B&I)
Find information on USDA Rural Development Business & Industry Loan Guarantees. Applications are accepted from the borrower’s lender year-round.
- USDA Rural Innovation Stronger Economy (RISE) Grant
Find grant assistance to create and augment high-wage jobs, accelerate the formation of new businesses, support industry clusters and maximize the use of local productive assets in eligible low-income rural areas.
- USDA Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Program
Find loans and grants to Microenterprise Development Organizations (MDOs) to help microenterprises startup and growth through a Rural Microloan Revolving Fund and training and technical assistance to microloan borrowers and micro entrepreneurs.